Reefkeeping's Top Ten
Top Ten Lies You've Told Your Boss To Stay Home And Tend To Your Tank...
10) I've been throwing up all night and haven't slept at all... I can't even begin to count how many times I've had the 24-hour flu bug since I got my tank!
seanfhaynes of Citrus Heights, CA
9) When my girlfriend was pregnant with our now 2-month-old child, I told my boss that she went into emergency labor, and the baby's head is coming out as we speak, when she was actually about 4 months pregnant (like they knew how far she was). The real truth was that I had to do a water change. When confronted with the lie, it was easy as pie to call it a "false alarm."
addicted2reefin of Hell, Delaware
8) I've had a leak in one of my tanks, and I need to deal with it to prevent an electrical fire (just used that one today... but I did have a small leak... lol).
Ross.C of Toronto, ON, Canada
7) I've come down with a nasty case of blastomussa montipora with rapid tissue necrosis. I have to be in quarantine for a while.
goiserclause of Clare, MI
6) I lied to my boss about getting my wisdom teeth pulled so I could take a few days off to transfer my tank over.
Kraylen of Salinas, CA
5) I have to attend a funeral... it's a burial at sea!
jeffltodd of Bay Area, CA
4) I need to stay home today as I have a plumbing issue and a plumber is now scheduled to come over... that plumber just happend to be a friend that was helping me plumb my fish tank and not my house! He's really a plumber, so I only half lied!
SaraB of Hampshire, IL
3) Two words: the runs...
zjwb0126 of Charlotte, NC
2) As I am a one-man business, my boss doesn't believe any lie I tell him.
EnglishRebel of Triad, NC
1) I dont even lie to take off for the fish tank anymore. They are so used to hearing me talk about the tank at work and how I have to go home to pickup things for the tank that one day I was completely sick of work for the day and trying to think of a way out when I told them, "My girlfriend just called me from home, and my tank is overflowing!" They know how much I obsess over the tank and were so worried about it too, that they practically threw me out the door to go home. I actually felt a little bad, but not bad enough to stay.
rgentry123 of Fredericksburg, VA
Reefkeeping's next Top Ten for October: "Top Ten Reasons Why You Wish You Had Never Bought That One Last Fish..." Our thanks go out to Akimbo for suggesting the next topic!
Think you're funny? Send us an entry (via the "Submit" button or the forum link below) for your "Top Ten Reasons Why You Wish You Had Never Bought That One Last Fish..."
If you have questions, would like to suggest a future Top Ten topic or place an entry, visit our online forum or hit the button below: