Signs That It's Time To Buy A New Skimmer...
10) You know you need a new skimmer when your tank
water is as dark as your skimmate.
Brian Conger of New Jersey
9) You start to actually like the smell of the skimmate.
Dave Bayne of St. Louis.
8) Your water looks like you run Iwasakis, but you
actually use 10K bulbs.
Jason, Knoxville, TN.
7) The water in the collection cup is cleaner than
the water in your tank...
T. Kirk of Los Alamos, New Mexico
6) They no longer make the type of pump you're using
on your skimmer...
Who DaHeck of Macon, GA.
5) Your skimmer is affectionately called a "sea
Jay M. of Baton Rouge, LA.
4) Your skimmer is set up right next to your undergravel
Tina Grimes of Denver, CO.
3) Your skimmer is featured in a saltwater magazine's
"remember when" section...
Ed Champlain of Wichita, Kansas.
2) The president is younger than your skimmer...
K. Shang of N.Y.
1) You can't even sell your skimmer on EBay
of Valencia, CA.
Reefkeeping's next Top Ten for March: Top Ten
Ways to Tell You're Fish has Ich.
Our thanks go out to Charlie M. for suggesting the next topic!
Think you're funny? Send us an entry for
Top Ten Ways to Tell You're Fish has Ich.
If you have questions, would like to suggest
a future Top Ten topic or place an entry, visit our